[Gluster-users] Gluster Monthly Newsletter, January 2019

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Thu Jan 31 17:33:13 UTC 2019

Gluster Monthly Newsletter, January 2019

Gluster Community Survey - open from February 1st through February 28! Give
us your feedback, we’ll send you a never before seen Gluster branded item!
https://www.gluster.org/gluster-community-survey-february-2019/

See you at FOSDEM! We have a jampacked Software Defined Storage day on
Sunday, Feb 3rd  (with a few sessions on the previous day):
https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/track/software_defined_storage/
We also have a shared stand with Ceph, come find us!

Gluster 6 - We’re in planning for our Gluster 6 release, currently
scheduled for Feb-March 2019. More details on the mailing lists at
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-November/055672.html

Contributors
Top Contributing Companies:  Red Hat, Comcast, DataLab, Gentoo Linux,
Facebook, BioDec, Samsung, Etersoft

Top Contributors in January: Amar Tumballi, Kinglong Mee, Sunny Kumar,
Susant Palai, Ravishankar N

Noteworthy Threads:
[Gluster-users] GCS 0.5 release -
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2019-January/035597.html
[Gluster-users] Announcing Gluster release 5.3 and 4.1.7 -
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2019-January/035656.html
[Gluster-users] Improvements to Gluster upstream documentation -
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2019-January/035741.html
[Gluster-devel] Tests for the GCS stack using the k8s framework
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2019-January/055765.html
[Gluster-devel] Gluster Maintainer's meeting: 7th Jan, 2019 - Agenda
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2019-January/055767.html
[Gluster-devel] Implementing multiplexing for self heal client.
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2019-January/055768.html
[Gluster-devel] Regression health for release-5.next and release-6
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2019-January/055775.html
[Gluster-devel] FUSE directory filehandle
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2019-January/055776.html
[Gluster-devel] Latency analysis of GlusterFS' network layer for pgbench

https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2019-January/055782.html
[Gluster-devel] Release 6: Kick off!
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2019-January/055793.html
[Gluster-devel] Maintainer's meeting: Jan 21st, 2019
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2019-January/055798.html
[Gluster-devel] Infer results - Glusterfs
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2019-January/055814.html

Events:

FOSDEM, Feb 2-3 2019 in Brussels, Belgium - https://fosdem.org/2019/
Vault: February 25–26, 2019 - https://www.usenix.org/conference/vault19/