[Gluster-devel] Infer results - Glusterfs

Sunny Kumar sunkumar at redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 06:05:49 UTC 2019

Hello folks,

As many of you already know, coverity is down down for nearly 2 months
and during that period we were not able to perform any static analysis
on our code base. Coverity is still in read only mode.

So I tried to use another tool infer[1] on latest master and summary of report:

   DEAD_STORE: 2994
          MEMORY_LEAK: 1926
     NULL_DEREFERENCE: 552
  UNINITIALIZED_VALUE: 33
        RESOURCE_LEAK: 6
       USE_AFTER_FREE: 1

Infer will be very useful to us as it is inter-procedural and each
procedure gets analyzed independently so it will uncover some deep
inter-procedural bugs.

I am analysing the result now, at first scan it looks promising and it
will be good to fix these reported issues.

Soon I will made the report public and automate infur to run as daily
job so that we can track fixes.

[1]. https://github.com/facebook/infer

- Sunny