[Gluster-devel] Tests for the GCS stack using the k8s framework

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Thu Jan 3 14:41:57 UTC 2019

Hello,

Deepshikha and I have been working on understanding and using the k8s
framework for testing the GCS stack. With the help of the folks from
sig-storage, we've managed to write a sample test that needs to be run
against an already setup k8s gluster with GCS installed on top[1]. This is
a temporary location for the tests and we'll move these into
gluster-csi-driver repo[2] once some of the dependency issues[3] are sorted
out.

The upstream storage tests are being split out into a test suite[4] that
can be consumed out of tree by folks like us who are implementing a CSI
driver interface. When that happens, we should be able to continuously
validate against the standards set for the storage interface.

[1]: https://github.com/nigelbabu/gcs-test/
[2]: https://github.com/gluster/gluster-csi-driver/
[3]: https://github.com/gluster/gluster-csi-driver/issues/131
[4]: