[Gluster-users] Gluster Monthly Newsletter, December 2018

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 02:51:56 UTC 2019

Gluster Monthly Newsletter, December 2018

See you at FOSDEM! We have a jampacked Software Defined Storage day on
Sunday, Feb 3rd  (with a few sessions on the previous day):
https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/track/software_defined_storage/
We also have a shared stand with Ceph, come find us!

Gluster 6 - We’re in planning for our Gluster 6 release, currently
scheduled for Feb 2019. More details on the mailing lists at
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-November/055672.html

Want swag for your meetup? https://www.gluster.org/events/ has a contact
form for us to let us know about your Gluster meetup! We’d love to hear
about Gluster presentations coming up, conference talks and gatherings. Let
us know!

Contributors
Top Contributing Companies:  Red Hat, Comcast, DataLab, Gentoo Linux,
Facebook, BioDec, Samsung, Etersoft
Top Contributors in December: Sunny Kumar, Amar Tumballi, Sheetal Pamecha,
Harpreet Kaur Lalwani, Sanju Rakonde

Noteworthy Threads:
[Gluster-users] Update from GlusterFS project (November -2018)
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2018-December/035446.html
[Gluster-users] Glusterd2 project updates (github.com/gluster/glusterd2)
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2018-December/035448.html
[Gluster-users] GCS 0.4 release
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2018-December/035457.html
[Gluster-users] Announcing Gluster release 5.2
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2018-December/035461.html
[Gluster-users] Gluster meetup: India
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2018-December/035476.html
[Gluster-users] Update on GCS 0.5 release
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2018-December/035505.html
[Gluster-devel] Gluster Weekly Report : Static Analyser
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-December/055711.html
[Gluster-devel] FOSDEM stand - February 2 & 3, 2019
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-December/055715.html
[Gluster-devel] Infra Update for Nov and Dec
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-December/055735.html
[Gluster-devel] Latency analysis of GlusterFS' network layer for pgbench
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-December/055741.html
[Gluster-devel] Implementing multiplexing for self heal client.
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-December/055742.html
[Gluster-devel] include-what-you-use run on Gluster
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-December/055750.html
[Gluster-devel] [DHT] serialized readdir(p) across subvols and effect on
performance
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-December/055762.html

Events:

FOSDEM, Feb 2-3 2019 in Brussels, Belgium - https://fosdem.org/2019/
Vault: February 25–26, 2019 - https://www.usenix.org/conference/vault19/

Open CFPs:
KubeCon EU - Barcelona: May 19-21 - CFP closes Jan 19!
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kubecon-cloudnativecon-europe-2019/

CFP:
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kubecon-cloudnativecon-europe-2019/cfp/

--