[Gluster-users] 'dirfingerprint' to get glusterfs directory stats

Amar Tumballi Suryanarayan atumball at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 05:53:41 UTC 2019

Thanks for working on this Manhong!

We always like people trying out new things with glusterfs. It would be
great if you can publish a blog, and let Amye know about it, so we can also
publish same / or have a link to it in our website.

A added bonus if you can tweet about it with mention of @gluster

Regards,
Amar

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 2:17 AM Manhong Dai <daimh at umich.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>      I released a python program 'dirfingerprint' at
> https://github.com/daimh/dirfingerprint/  . We have been using this
> program to get directory stat recursively from each brick node for
> glusterfs filesystem. as it is always slower to access file meta data
> info from gluster filesystem indirectly than brick node directly.
>
>      In our environment, I did the steps below before accessing brick
> nodes.
>
> 1, generate a ssh key, and put it under all brick nodes.
>
> 2, ssh to each brick node so '.ssh/known_hosts' has an entry for each node.
>
> 3, as all our brick node has the actual data storage mounted under
> /brick, the dirfingerprint command I used is something like
>
> dirfingerprint --gluster-brick=node1:/brick --gluster-brick=node2:/brick
> /home
>
>      Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.
>

> Best,
>
> Manhong

Amar Tumballi (amarts)