[Gluster-users] Gluster and bonding

Alex K rightkicktech at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 15:54:42 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I have a replica 3 setup where each server was configured with a dual
interfaces in mode 6 bonding. All cables were connected to one common
network switch.

To add redundancy to the switch, and avoid being a single point of failure,
I connected each second cable of each server to a second switch. This
turned out to not function as gluster was refusing to start the volume
logging "transport endpoint is disconnected" although all nodes were able
to reach each other (ping) in the storage network. I switched the mode to
mode 1 (active/passive) and initially it worked but following a reboot of
all cluster same issue appeared. Gluster is not starting the volumes.

Isn't active/passive supposed to work like that? Can one have such
redundant network setup or are there any other recommended approaches?

Thanx,
Alex