[Gluster-users] Understand Geo Replication of a big Gluster

Axel Gruber axel at agm.de
Thu Jun 14 20:02:58 UTC 2018

Hello

First of all Thank you for Information

As First Try i want to setup Geo -Replication in a Test System with Virtual
Machines

So for the Test i have a distributed Gluster with 3 Nodes:

Status of volume: gpool
Gluster process                             TCP Port  RDMA Port  Online  Pid
Brick glusers1:/mnt/glust/gpool             49152     0          Y       568
Brick glusers2:/mnt/glust/gpool             49152     0          Y       574
Brick glusers3:/mnt/glust/gpool             49152     0          Y       665
NFS Server on localhost                     2049      0          Y
 1127
NFS Server on glusers2                      2049      0          Y       926
NFS Server on glusers3                      2049      0          Y       695

on The Slave Side i have created also a  volume

Status of volume: geovol
Gluster process                             TCP Port  RDMA Port  Online  Pid
Brick glusergeo:/mnt/glust/geo              49152     0          Y       629

The Maser Side can "see" the Hostname and Ping the IP of the Slave
root at glusters1:~# ping glusergeo
PING glusergeo (172.20.230.86) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from glusergeo (172.20.230.86): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=3.85 ms

So for Test i not want to use SSH and i Tryed:

root at glusters1:~# gluster volume geo-replication gpool glusergeo:/geovol
start
Invalid Url: glusergeo:/geovol

Is it not possible to user geoReplication without SSH ?

Best Regards