[Gluster-users] Gluster Monthly Newsletter, January 2018

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Thu Feb 1 17:33:59 UTC 2018

Gluster Monthly Newsletter, January 2018

4.0 is coming!

We’re currently tracking for a 4.0 release at the end of February, which
means our next edition will be all about 4.0!

This weekend, we have a busy schedule at FOSDEM with a Software Defined
Storage DevRoom on Sunday -

https://fosdem.org/2018/schedule/track/software_defined_storage/ with

Gluster-4.0 and GD2 - Learn what's in Gluster's future

https://fosdem.org/2018/schedule/event/gluster4_and_gd2/

Performance:

Optimizing Software Defined Storage for the Age of Flash

https://fosdem.org/2018/schedule/event/optimizing_sds/

We also have a Gluster stand in the main halls, come find us!

Event planning for next year:

As part of the Community Working Group issue queue, we’re asking for
recommendations of events that Gluster should be focusing on.
https://github.com/gluster/community/issues/7 has more details, we’re
planning from March 2018 through March 2019 and we’d like your input! Where
should Gluster be at?

New Event announcement!

Announcing Glustered 2018 in Bologna (IT)

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-December/033117.html

Top Contributing Companies:  Red Hat,  Gluster, Inc.,  Facebook

Noteworthy threads:

[Gluster-users] 2018 - Plans and Expectations on Gluster Community

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2018-January/033144.html

[Gluster-users] Integration of GPU with glusterfs

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2018-January/033206.html

[Gluster-users] IMP: Release 4.0: CentOS 6 packages will not be made
available

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2018-January/033212.html

[Gluster-users] Community NetBSD regression tests EOL'd

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2018-January/033214.html

[Gluster-devel] Release 4.0: Making it happen!

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-January/054164.html

[Gluster-devel] GD 2 xlator option changes

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-January/054214.html

[Gluster-devel] Regression tests time

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-January/054289.html

Upcoming CFPs:

Glustered with Incontro DevOps - CfP now open! - event is March 8, 2018

www.incontrodevops.it/events/glustered-2018/

LinuxCon China - March 4, 2018

https://www.lfasiallc.com/linuxcon-containercon-cloudopen-china/cfp

--