[Gluster-devel] Release 4.0: Making it happen!

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Wed Jan 10 18:14:37 UTC 2018

Hi,

4.0 branching date is slated on the 16th of Jan 2018 and release is
slated for the end of Feb (28th), 2018.

We are at the phase when we need to ensure our release scope is correct
and *must* release features are landing. Towards this we need the
following information for all contributors.

1) Features that are making it to the release by branching date

- There are currently 35 open github issues marked as 4.0 milestone [1]
- Need contributors to look at this list and let us know which will meet
the branching date
- Need contributors to let us know which may slip and hence needs a
backport exception to 4.0 branch (post branching).
- Need milestone corrections on features that are not making it to the
4.0 release

NOTE: Slips are accepted if they fall 1-1.5 weeks post branching, not
post that, and called out before branching!

2) Reviews needing priority

- There could be features that are up for review, and considering we
have about 6-7 days before branching, we need a list of these commits,
that you want review attention on.
- This will be added to this [2] dashboard, easing contributor access to
top priority reviews before branching

3) Review help!

- This link [2] contains reviews that need attention, as they are
targeted for 4.0. Request maintainers and contributors to pay close
attention to this list on a daily basis and help out with reviews.

Thanks,
Shyam

[1] github issues marked for 4.0:
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/milestone/3

[2] Review focus for features planned to land in 4.0:
https://review.gluster.org/#/q/owner:srangana%2540redhat.com+is:starred