[Gluster-users] Gluster Monthly Newsletter, March 2017

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Fri Mar 31 20:30:56 UTC 2017

Gluster Monthly Newsletter, March 2017

--

3.10 Release: If you didn’t already see this, we’ve released Gluster 3.10.
Further details on the blog.

https://blog.gluster.org/2017/02/announcing-gluster-3-10/

Our weekly community meeting has changed: we'll be meeting every other week
instead of weekly, moving the time to 15:00 UTC, and our agenda is at:
https://bit.ly/gluster-community-meetings

We hope this means that more people can join us. Kaushal outlines the
changes on the mailing list:
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-January/051918.html

New meetup!

Seattle Storage Meetup has its first meeting, April 13!

Upcoming Talks:

Red Hat Summit -

Container-Native Storage for Modern Applications with OpenShift and Red Hat
Gluster Storage

Architecting and Performance-Tuning Efficient Gluster Storage Pools

Noteworthy threads:

Gluster-users:

Gluster RPC Internals - Lecture #1 - recording - Milind Changire

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-March/030136.html

Shyam announces release 3.11 : Scope, schedule and feature tracking

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-March/030251.html

Vijay announces new demos in Community Meeting

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-March/030264.html

Prasanna Kalever posts about Elasticsearch with gluster-block

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-March/030302.html

Raghavendra Talur has a proposal to deprecate replace-brick for "distribute
only" volumes

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-March/030304.html

Deepak Naidu asks about Secured mount in GlusterFS using keys

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-March/030312.html

Ramesh Nachimuthu has a question for gluster-users: How do you oVirt?

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-March/030366.html

Joe Julian announces a Seattle Storage meetup

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2017-March/030398.html

Gluster-devel:

Shyam posts about Back porting guidelines: Change-ID consistency across
branches

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-March/052216.html

Niels de Vos asks about a pluggable interface for erasure coding?

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-March/052223.html

Niels de Vos has a proposal on Reducing maintenance burden and moving fuse
support to an external project

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-March/052238.html

Nigel Babu starts a conversation on defining a good build

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-March/052245.html

Ben Werthmann announces gogfapi improvements

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-March/052274.html

Saravanakumar Arumugam posts about Gluster Volume as object storage with S3
interface

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-March/052263.html

Vijay posts about Maintainers 2.0 proposal

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-March/052321.html

George Lian posts: nodeid changed due to write-behind option changed online
will lead to unexpected umount by kernel

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-March/052372.html

Sriram posts a proposal for Gluster volume snapshot - Plugin architecture
proposal

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-March/052385.html

Mark Ferrell posts improvements for Gluster volume snapshot

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-March/052396.html

Sonal Arora has a script to identify ref leaks

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-March/052468.html

Gluster-infra:

Nigel Babu posts about RPM build failures post-mortem

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-infra/2017-March/003300.html

Nigel Babu posts about Servers in UTC now (mostly)

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-infra/2017-March/003368.html

Gluster Top 5 Contributors in the last 30 days:

Krutika Dhananjay, Michael Scherer, Kaleb S. Keithley, Nigel Babu, Xavier
Hernandez

Upcoming CFPs:

OpenSource Summit Los Angeles -
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/open-source-summit-north-america/program/cfp