[Gluster-users] Deletion of old CHANGELOG files in .glusterfs/changelogs

mabi mabi at protonmail.ch
Fri Mar 31 21:22:26 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am using geo-replication since now over a year on my 3.7.20 GlusterFS volumes and noticed that the CHANGELOG.<TIMESTAMP> in the .glusterfs/changelogs directory of a brick never get deleted. I have for example over 120k files in one of these directories and it is growing constantly.

So my question, does GlusterFS have any mechanism to automatically delete old and processed CHANGELOG files? If not is it safe to delete them manually?

Regards,
Mabi