[Gluster-users] How understand some code execute client side or server side?

Mohammed Rafi K C rkavunga at redhat.com
Fri Mar 10 05:50:33 UTC 2017

On 03/10/2017 10:47 AM, Tahereh Fattahi wrote:
> Thank you very much, it is very helpful.
> I see the client graph also in /var/log/glusterfs/mnt-glusterfs.log
> when mount the file system.

Yes, you are on the right place. Fuse mount process log's the graph if
the log level is INFO.

> I think there is a tree structure between xlator (I had seen something
> in code like child and parent of each xlator), so just some of them
> are the point of connecting to server. I think xlator with type
> protocol/client is responsible for send request and get response from
> server.

> am I correct?

Indeed, you are a quick learner. Translator with type protocol/client
will be the last node in the graph which connects to the protocol/server
loaded in server . protocol/server will be the starting node in server.

Regards
Rafi KC