[Gluster-users] NFS-Ganesha packages for debian aren't installing

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Wed Jun 7 12:59:20 UTC 2017

On 06/07/2017 06:03 PM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 07, 2017 at 11:59:14AM +0100, lemonnierk at ulrar.net wrote:
>> Although looking at it I see .service files for systemd but nothing for SysV.
>> Is there no support for SysV ? Guess I'll have to write that myself
>
> The packaging for packages provided by the Gluster Community (not in the
> standard Debian repos) is maintained here:
>    https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-debian (check the branches)
>
> I'm pretty sure that patches to enable systemd support are welcome.
> NFS-Ganesha has systemd enabled for Fedora and CentOS, so the bits
> should be there somewhere.

I'm a little confused. lemonnierk says he sees .service files and is
looking for SYSV files, which I interpret as meaning init.d files.

The Debian and Ubuntu packages are installing an init.d file. If you
want an example .service file for GlusterFS and/or Ganesha you can get
them, as Niels notes, from the Fedora, CentOS, and perhaps the SuSE rpms.

But even the official Debian packages, e.g. for Gluster, haven't
switched to systemd .service files yet (last I looked) and I have been
following that lead.

But if someone wants to send a diff or a pull request I'll be happy to
take it.