[Gluster-users] Connect to ec2 instance via libgfapi

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Mon Jan 16 22:15:17 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 01:25:16PM +0000, David Spisla wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am from germany and have this issue for discussion: I am running a gluster volume (/gv0) on a CentOS Machine (ec2 instance from Amazon AWS) and want to use libgfapi to connect from my CentOS VM (local computer) to this volume.
>
> For this purpose I use the GlusterClient class to connect. This is my initialization:
>
> GlusterClient cl = new GlusterClient(""ec2-54-xxx-xxx-xx.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com"",  24007, "tcp").
>
> It seems to be that I have a connection and my programming starts to create a file. But after start creating a file my program hanging around and there is no response from the system.
> Does anybody has experiences using libgfapi to an ec2-instance?

You need port tcp/24007 to connect to the GlusterD process to get the
volume layout (.vol file). After that, gfapi will connect to all the
bricks of the volume. That means, you need to open many more ports on
all your Gluster servers in order to get a usable GlusterFS connection.
The gfapi log will most likely show you connection errors.

For questions and discussions related to gfapi, you can also use our
relatively new integration at gluster.org list.

HTH,
Niels