[Gluster-users] Quick performance check?

Gambit15 dougti+gluster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 14:40:00 UTC 2017

On 3 February 2017 at 11:09, Momonth <momonth at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I ran some benchmarking on SSD enabled servers, 10Gb connected, see
> the file attached.
>
> I'm still looking at GlusterFS as a persistent storage for containers,
> and it's clear it's not going to compete with local file system
> performance.

Well that's kind of a given, with the standard rep 3, you're doing a sort
of RAID 5 across the network. However depending on your use case & setup,
you *can* get performance boosts akin to RAID 10 setups, multiplied bu the
number of nodes/bricks in the cluster.

http://blog.gluster.org/category/performance/
https://s3.amazonaws.com/aws001/guided_trek/Performance_in_a_Gluster_Systemv6F.pdf

I couldn't find the particular doc, but I've seen some ludicrous
throughputs from configs using multiple nodes running SSDs in RAID 10 and
peering over Infiband.