[Gluster-users] gluster volume not mounted on boot

Kevin Lemonnier lemonnierk at ulrar.net
Thu Oct 20 09:00:17 UTC 2016

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 10:47:49AM +0200, Josep Manel Andrés wrote:
> Thanks Kevin,
>
> hahah, you are right, it works for me now, but it may not work in the
> future when running tomcat on it, tomcat may need files from gluster
> before it is mounted.

Yep, took us a while to find a solution here tbh.

> So, I will go for AutoFS.

I find AutoFS hard to configure, especially with gluster, so here is
an example :

mkdir /etc/auto.map.d /etc/auto.master.d /mnt/autofs

In /etc/auto.master.d/master.autofs :

  /mnt/autofs     /etc/auto.map.d/master.autofs

In /etc/auto.map.d/master.autofs :

  applicatif    					 -fstype=glusterfs,defaults,_netdev,backupvolfile-server=other_node        localhost:/applicatif

With this, /mnt/autofs/applicatif will automatically mount the /applicatif volume.

--
Kevin Lemonnier
PGP Fingerprint : 89A5 2283 04A0 E6E9 0111