[Gluster-users] gluster volume not mounted on boot

Josep Manel Andrés josep.andres at bsc.es
Thu Oct 20 08:47:49 UTC 2016

Thanks Kevin,

hahah, you are right, it works for me now, but it may not work in the
future when running tomcat on it, tomcat may need files from gluster
before it is mounted.

So, I will go for AutoFS.

Thanks a lot guys! ;)

On 20/10/16 10:44, Kevin Lemonnier wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 10:38:52AM +0200, Josep Manel Andrés wrote:
>> Right, Client and server are at the same box. Doesn't really understand
>> what autofs does exactly ... but, isn't it the same to use:
>>
>>    sleep 10 && mount /gluster
>>
>> on rc.local ?
>>

> More or less, yes.
> AutoFS mounts the directory only when some process tries to access it,
> could be 10 seconds after boot or 2 hours. The good part is that it'll
> keep trying at each access until it works, so if your gluster takes 2
> minutes to start for some reason, it'll still work, but sleep 10 won't.
> Now if sleep 10 works for you great, but I guess you wouldn't be posting
> here if it did :D

Josep Manel Andrés (josep.andres at bsc.es)
Operations - Barcelona Supercomputing Center
C/ Jordi Girona, 31  http://www.bsc.es
08034 Barcelona, Spain Tel: +34-93-405 42 14
e-mail: systems at bsc.es Fax: +34-93-413 77 21

WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
destroy and delete any copies you may have received.

http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer