[Gluster-users] gluster volume not mounted on boot

Josep Manel Andrés josep.andres at bsc.es
Fri Oct 21 09:06:42 UTC 2016

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your help, I manage to set it up!

But I have a question, it is possible to mount a volume at /gluster-data
for example???

I cannot do:

opsld04:~ # cat /etc/auto.master
#
# Sample auto.master file
# This is a 'master' automounter map and it has the following format:
# mount-point [map-type[,format]:]map [options]
# For details of the format look at auto.master(5).
#
/     /etc/auto.map.d/master.autofs

and then :

opsld04:~ # cat /etc/auto.map.d/master.autofs
gluster-data
-fstype=glusterfs,defaults,_netdev,backupvolfile-server=other_node
   gluster1:/volume1

in auto.master file I have to set up a path other than root.

Did you manage to mount it  just at the first level of root, hanging from /

Cheers.

On 20/10/16 11:00, Kevin Lemonnier wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 10:47:49AM +0200, Josep Manel Andrés wrote:
>> Thanks Kevin,
>>
>> hahah, you are right, it works for me now, but it may not work in the
>> future when running tomcat on it, tomcat may need files from gluster
>> before it is mounted.
>>

> Yep, took us a while to find a solution here tbh.
>
>> So, I will go for AutoFS.
>>

> I find AutoFS hard to configure, especially with gluster, so here is
> an example :
>
> mkdir /etc/auto.map.d /etc/auto.master.d /mnt/autofs
>

> In /etc/auto.master.d/master.autofs :
>
>    /mnt/autofs     /etc/auto.map.d/master.autofs
>
> In /etc/auto.map.d/master.autofs :
>
>    applicatif    					 -fstype=glusterfs,defaults,_netdev,backupvolfile-server=other_node        localhost:/applicatif
>
> With this, /mnt/autofs/applicatif will automatically mount the /applicatif volume.

Josep Manel Andrés (josep.andres at bsc.es)
Operations - Barcelona Supercomputing Center
C/ Jordi Girona, 31  http://www.bsc.es
08034 Barcelona, Spain Tel: +34-93-401 25 73
e-mail: systems at bsc.es Fax: +34-93-413 77 21

WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
destroy and delete any copies you may have received.

http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer