[Gluster-users] Geo replication on slave not showing files in brick

M S Vishwanath Bhat msvbhat at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 13:22:25 UTC 2015

On 6 March 2015 at 14:27, ML mail <mlnospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just setup geo replication from a 2 node master cluster to a 1 node
> slave cluster and so far it worked well. I just have one issue on my slave
> if I check the files on my brick i just see the following:
>
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 15 Mar  5 23:13 .gfid
> drw------- 20 root root 21 Mar  5 23:13 .glusterfs
>
> there should be around 10 files on that volume but it's simply not there.
> If I list the files in the ".gfid" directory I can see that the files are
> there but just have a horrible name made out of numbers.
>
> I don't see any special errors or warnings on the slave except maybe this
> warning which might be related:
>
> [2015-03-05 22:19:06.233956] W
> [glusterd-op-sm.c:3312:glusterd_op_modify_op_ctx] 0-management: Failed uuid
> to hostname conversion
> [2015-03-05 22:19:06.233974] W
> [glusterd-op-sm.c:3404:glusterd_op_modify_op_ctx] 0-management: op_ctx
> modification failed
>
> So my question, is this the expected behaviour? or should be able to see
> the files on my slave volume just like on my master volume?

You should see files in slave volume just like your master volume.

Looks like you check the files in slave bricks. Does your single node slave
server has single brick? If it has more bricks, the files may be present in
other brick as well.

Can you mount the slave volume and check for the files?

Best Regards,
Vishwanath