[Gluster-users] The strange behavior whose common denominator is gluster

Pablo Silva psilvao at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 12:30:31 UTC 2015

Hi Ted!

    Thanks for your reply, for the implementation of Service N2 (As2
Mendelson B45 + gluster 3.3.1-15.el6.x86_64 (1 brick)
we have implemented  one brick

As you can see, Mendelson has a Brick, and use it for to process teh
Purchase Ordes feed in SOA21 by MULE process

[root at mendelson ~]# gluster volume info

Volume Name: m2mas2
Type: Distribute
Volume ID: 328d1e48-bb0a-4b41-92ac-699f78d2dca7
Number of Bricks: 1
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: mendelson.XXXXX.b2b:/opt/mendelson/messages
Options Reconfigured:
auth.allow: 10.200.20.*,10.200.22.*
storage.owner-uid: 500
storage.owner-gid: 500

[root at mendelson ~]# cat /etc/fstab

#
# /etc/fstab
# Created by anaconda on Wed Oct 23 11:42:22 2013
#
# Accessible filesystems, by reference, are maintained under '/dev/disk'
# See man pages fstab(5), findfs(8), mount(8) and/or blkid(8) for more info
#
/dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_root /                       ext4
defaults,acl        1 1
UUID=df46586a-2f06-4ada-b2e6-523f7ec3967b /boot                   ext4
defaults        1 2
/dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_swap swap                    swap
defaults        0 0
tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0

In this machine run MULE process for to feed with Purchase Orders to
Mendelson.

[root at soa21ifh ~]# mount
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 on / type ext3 (rw,acl)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
/dev/xvda1 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
sunrpc on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw)
glusterfs#mendelson:/m2mas2 on /opt/m2m.as2 type fuse
(rw,allow_other,max_read=131072)

maybe you.'re right and we are wrong with the way of architecture....

Thanks in Advance

-Pablo