[Gluster-users] The strange behavior whose common denominator is gluster

Ted Miller tmiller at sonsetsolutions.org
Mon Jun 8 21:06:39 UTC 2015

Are you sure you have mounted the gluster volume, and are writing to the
gluster volume, and NOT to the brick?  What you describe can happen when you
write to the brick instead of the gluster volume. You can see here:
http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/QuickStart in steps
6 and 7.  If you do not understand the difference, include the output of the
'mount' command from one of your servers.
Ted Miller
Elkhart, IN, USA

On 6/5/2015 8:46 AM, Pablo Silva wrote:
> Dear Colleagues:
>
> We are using gluster in 3.3.1-15.el6.x86_64 and GlusterFS-3.6.2-1.el5
> versions, we have two types of service:
>
> 1) Apache httpd-2.2.3-91.el5.centos + GlusterFS-3.6.2-1.el5 (two bricks)
>
> 2) AS2 Mendelson B45 + gluster 3.3.1-15.el6.x86_64 (two bricks)
>
> It is different services, a common problem, which I will explain
>
> Service N1 (Apache httpd-2.2.3-91.el5.centos + GlusterFS-3.6.2-1.el5 (two
> bricks))
> We have a high-availability architecture, in which there are two Apache
> servers see a directory that is hosted on a gluster long ago we had a
> problem where an Apache server could list the files and submit them for
> download, while the other Apache server that is watching the same directory
> with the same files gluster indicated that there were no files for download.
>
> Feeding gluster files to that directory, MULE performed asynchronously.In
> summary, an Apache server could access files and another did not give aware
> of their existence, as the directory and the same files.
>
> Service N2 (As2 Mendelson B45 + gluster 3.3.1-15.el6.x86_64 (two bricks) )
> We have only one Mendelson AS2 Server B45 running with gluster (two bricks),
> The operations of mendelson is quite simple, is to observe the presence of
> files in a directory every 5 seconds and sent to the partner, the directory
> is hosted in gluster, the issue that every certain amount of time not
> Mendelson AS2 takes cognizance the existence of files in the directory,
> even if you enter the directory notes of its existence
>
> In both cases, different services being the only common denominator is
> gluster, someone else is experiencing this problem?
>
> Have we not set the service gluster well and we are repeating the same
> mistake ?, or is it a bug?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Pablo

*Ted Miller*, Design Engineer
*SonSet Solutions*
(formerly HCJB Global Technology Center)
my desk +1 574.970.4272
receptionist +1 574.972.4252
http://sonsetsolutions.org

/Technology for abundant life!/