[Gluster-users] set volume locking without shutting off server

Jordan Willis jwillis0720 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 08:45:00 UTC 2015

Hi Kaushal,

I’m using

->gluster --version
glusterfs 3.5.2 built on Aug  6 2014 19:33:49
Repository revision: git://git.gluster.com/glusterfs.git
Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Gluster Inc. <http://www.gluster.com>
GlusterFS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of GlusterFS under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

and the generated brick.vol has this line(s)

volume dnas_volume-locks
    type features/locks
    subvolumes dnas_volume-access-control
end-volume

and you are right. No these aren’t NFS mounted, that was poorly worded. Should I just update glusterfs that should resolve my problems? Or am I still missing something.

Thanks,
Jordan