[Gluster-users] set volume locking without shutting off server

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 08:35:31 UTC 2015

Which version of GlusterFS are you using?

The locks translator should be enabled by default for all volumes for
the latest versions (IIRC 3.5 and above). So you wouldn't need to do
anything. To verify you can check the generated brick volfiles in
/var/lib/glusterd/vols/<VOL>/<brick-name>.vol .

Also, are you really creating GlusterFS bricks on NFS mounts? That
doesn't work..

~kaushal