[Gluster-users] Mount GlusterFS from localhost

BGM bernhard.glomm at ecologic.eu
Sun Dec 15 10:52:54 UTC 2013

hi,
 I'm experience a similar issue.
I'm tetsting glusterfs on a two-sided mirror, on zol.
I got several volumes (each on it's own zfs-filesystem)
mount -a works fine,
but after a reboot
all the zfs filesystems are present but only
an  arbitrary amount of glusterfs got mounted
(like 2 random out of 6)
me I so far circumvented that by
abandon fstab for that purpose and using an rc script
(S99, K20) for the glustermount,
allowing a "sleep 30" gracetime, than mounting the glustervolumes
( on a two sided mirror I mount "my-ip:/volumename /my-mountpoint"
in contrast to "mirror-ip:/volumename /my-mountpoint")
All glustervolumes get mounted fine than.
AFAIK option _netdev in fstab should have done the job,
but in my case it didn't, I thought maybe due to zol.
Anyhow, 30 sec gracetime does the job,
piked 30 sec just arbitrary, might be too much even...
best
Bernhard