[Gluster-users] Writing performance gets slower when writethreadsare many

Maik Kulbe info at linux-web-development.de
Thu Aug 22 23:05:50 UTC 2013

-----Original Mail-----
From: Jung Young Seok [jung.youngseok at gmail.com]
Sent: 22.08.13 - 19:09:32
To: Maik Kulbe [info at linux-web-development.de]
Cc: gluster-users at gluster.org
Subject: Re: [Gluster-users] Writing performance gets slower when writethreadsare many

> 2013/8/23 Maik Kulbe <info at linux-web-development.de>

Have you benchmarked both network and harddisks without gluster? I would especially look at the network timings and there behaviour with multiple connections between clients and gluster servers. From my experience I would say too high latencies could very quickly become a bottleneck for the whole system.

There is an article on that in the Gluster docs: http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Linux_Kernel_Tuning

You can also look at the performance options that Gluster provides. Those are in the Gluster administration guide: http://www.gluster.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Gluster_File_System-3.3.0-Administration_Guide-en-US.pdf - there are some caching mechanisms, etc. that might increase your write rate.