[Gluster-users] Writing performance gets slower when write threadsare many

Jung Young Seok jung.youngseok at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 17:09:32 UTC 2013

2013/8/23 Maik Kulbe <info at linux-web-development.de>

> [...]

Thank you for the comments,

We use 1GE for storage network. When I checked the net stream using iftop,
it never reached 1G. (only was under 500Mbps. Since we have 2 glusterfs
servers, 250Mb for first brick 250Mb for second brick)
When I scp a file to Gluster servers from WAS directly ,  it reached 80MB/s
each. (used less encrypted option)

About HDD,
First server is on SAS 10k RAID1.
Second server is on SATA 10k RAID1.
Those are for test. We'll use SATA RAID1 both finally to reduce cost.

We are using CentOS 6.4. Since we use vanilla installation, most of kernel
parameters are defaults.
If you give me any option that I can test, it would be great.

Thank you.