[Gluster-users] Slow writing on mounted glusterfs volume via Samba

Janantha Marasinghe janantha at janantha.net
Fri Aug 23 15:22:50 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

I have configured gluster fs in replication mode in two ubuntu servers.
Windows users use samba sharing to access the mounted volume. Basically my
setup is that client machines on each site connect to its local file server
so it has the fattest connection. Two files servers are connected via VPN
tunnel which has really high bandwidth

Right now it is very slow to write files to the volume. Is there any way
that I can configure smb.conf or gluster so that it writes to the local
brick and that brick gets synced to the other side. How can I make
writing/reading files faster via samba.