[Gluster-users] Tools for the admin

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Thu Jul 21 21:07:13 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 12:15:00AM -0400, Joe Landman wrote:

> Tool #2: scan_gluster.pl

Joe,

Thanks for this contributions.

scan_gluster.pl seems to depend on File::ExtAttr, which when I try to
install it from cpan to Perl v5.10.1 fails at the "make" step for reasons
cpan leaves unclear. Is there some prerequisite that might not be properly
requested?

Looking at this now because I just had a simple Gluster replication setup
blow up in a nonobvious way. Not obvious from the logs anyhow. It may well
be because I switched it from 3.1.3 to 3.1.5 a few days back. Anyway, it
gives me a good excuse to learn how to diagnose a good failure, so I thought
I'd start by seeing what your tools can show.

Best,
Whit