[Gluster-users] Tools for the admin

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Thu Jul 21 21:17:05 UTC 2011

On 07/21/2011 05:07 PM, Whit Blauvelt wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 12:15:00AM -0400, Joe Landman wrote:
>
>> Tool #2: scan_gluster.pl
>
> Joe,
>
> Thanks for this contributions.
>
> scan_gluster.pl seems to depend on File::ExtAttr, which when I try to
> install it from cpan to Perl v5.10.1 fails at the "make" step for reasons
> cpan leaves unclear. Is there some prerequisite that might not be properly
> requested?
>
> Looking at this now because I just had a simple Gluster replication setup
> blow up in a nonobvious way. Not obvious from the logs anyhow. It may well
> be because I switched it from 3.1.3 to 3.1.5 a few days back. Anyway, it
> gives me a good excuse to learn how to diagnose a good failure, so I thought
> I'd start by seeing what your tools can show.

Depending upon distro, you would need libattr, attr-dev, etc.  Sadly,
there is little/no consistency in naming these.

If this turns out to be an issue, I'll see if I can code around it, but
doing a sub process for each file would be seriously expensive for even
reasonable sized file systems.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO