[Gluster-users] Issue with Gluster Quota

Brian Smith brs at usf.edu
Tue Jul 5 21:20:36 UTC 2011

I'm running into the same issue.  But be aware, the documentation says
that you should use an absolute path _relative_ to the volume.  So if
your volume is, for example:

volume name: home

and a top-level directory in home is test, you would simply do

volume quota home limit-usage /test 10MB

So, in your case:

volume quota crlgfs1 limit-usage /dheeraj 10MB

At least, that's how I read the documentation.  This is why you don't
even see any usage numbers on the 'size' column.

I get the usage numbers in my configuration, but the quota is not
enforced.  this is my config:

gluster> volume info

Volume Name: home
Type: Distribute
Number of Bricks: 2
Transport-type: tcp,rdma
Bricks:
Brick1: gluster1:/glusterfs/home
Brick2: gluster2:/glusterfs/home
Options Reconfigured:
features.limit-usage: /brs:10MB
features.quota: on

Here's my quota information:

gluster> volume quota home list
	path		  limit_set	     size
/brs                   10485760             16424960

FYI, I am running a check-out of the latest git release-3.2 branch, so
that I can test POSIX ACLs (which seem to work nicely, BTW).

-Brian

Brian Smith
Senior Systems Administrator
IT Research Computing, University of South Florida
4202 E. Fowler Ave. ENB308
Office Phone: +1 813 974-1467
Organization URL: http://rc.usf.edu