[Gluster-users] Issue with Gluster Quota

Mohammed Junaid junaid at gluster.com
Wed Jul 6 06:27:46 UTC 2011

Hi Brian,

Please find the comments in line.

I'm running into the same issue.  But be aware, the documentation says
> that you should use an absolute path _relative_ to the volume.  So if
> your volume is, for example:
>
> volume name: home
>
> and a top-level directory in home is test, you would simply do
>
> volume quota home limit-usage /test 10MB
>
> So, in your case:
>
> volume quota crlgfs1 limit-usage /dheeraj 10MB

Yes, this is what quota expects to set a limit on the directory.

> I get the usage numbers in my configuration, but the quota is not
> enforced.  this is my config:
>
> gluster> volume info
>
> Volume Name: home
> Type: Distribute
> Number of Bricks: 2
> Transport-type: tcp,rdma
> Bricks:
> Brick1: gluster1:/glusterfs/home
> Brick2: gluster2:/glusterfs/home
> Options Reconfigured:
> features.limit-usage: /brs:10MB
> features.quota: on
>
> Here's my quota information:
>
> gluster> volume quota home list
>        path              limit_set          size

> /brs                   10485760             16424960

Did you start with an empty backend? And can you run these commands and
paste the output.

  getfattr -m . -d -e hex  gluster1:/glusterfs/home/brs
  getfattr -m . -d -e hex  gluster2:/glusterfs/home/brs

Thanks,
Juanid