[Gluster-users] mysql replication between two nodes

Deadpan110 deadpan110 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 10:44:51 UTC 2010

I am very new to this list, but here is my 2 cents...

In the past I used DRBD between 2 nodes to provide a master/slave
setup with mySQL data stored on the filesystem.

Upon a failover situation, mySQL would start on the remaining server
and pick up where things left off.

DRBD (8.0 +) now supports master/master but it would be unwise to run
mySQL on such a setup live on 2 servers.

mySQL has also advanced and replication is not restricted to master/slave.

I use (and am loving) glusterfs in various guises on my 3 node cluster
for my client filesystems.

For mySQL I use master/master/master circular replication without
depending on any type of clustered filesystem (only local on each
node) - there have been people frowning on such a setup, but things
have advanced with the latest stable mySQL versions and as such, I
have been successfully using it in a clustered environment.

Martin