[Gluster-users] mysql replication between two nodes

Richard de Vries rdevries1000 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 12:26:41 UTC 2010

The mysql database only runs on one node at a time.
I still find it hard to understand why you need to restart the service
if a brick goes down and comes back again.

this is the volume file I'm using

glusterfsd.vol server file:

volume posix1
 type storage/posix
 option directory /export/database
end-volume

volume locks1
  type features/locks
  subvolumes posix1
end-volume

volume database
  type performance/io-threads
  option thread-count 8
  subvolumes locks1
end-volume

volume server
 type protocol/server
 option transport-type tcp/server
 option auth.addr.database.allow *
 option transport.socket.listen-port 6996
 option transport.socket.nodelay on
 subvolumes database
end-volume

database.vol file:

volume databasenode1
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp
  option transport.socket.nodelay on
  option remote-port 6996
  option ping-timeout 2
  option remote-host node1
  option remote-subvolume database
end-volume

volume databasenode2
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp
  option transport.socket.nodelay on
  option remote-port 6996
  option ping-timeout 2
  option remote-host node2
  option remote-subvolume database
end-volume

volume replicate
 type cluster/replicate
 subvolumes databasenode1 databasenode2
end-volume

volume stat-performance
  type performance/stat-prefetch
  subvolumes replicate
end-volume

Maybe the stat-performance translator has influence on the this stat output.

I'll try to disable this and test again.

Regards,
Richard