[Gluster-users] Stripe volumes questions

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 19:55:43 UTC 2010

Gluster 3.0.x documentation doesn't mention stripe volume but the 3.1
documentation (not linked but googled) mentions stripe only in
conjunction with distributed stripe. Does this mean that plain stripe
is no longer available as an option?

Earlier 2.x documentation mentions that striped volume cannot be
expanded after setup. Does this hold true for 3.x or is this why plain
striped is no longer available and distributed stripe can get around
this limitation?

Fundamentally, my concern is that if I start with a 4 volume
distributed or plain stripe to present a single large file (such as a
virtual disk) to the client machine, would I be able to expand
subsequently by adding more volumes/server?