[Gluster-users] R: SPOF question

Vikas Gorur vikas at gluster.com
Tue May 25 23:15:52 UTC 2010

On May 25, 2010, at 4:21 PM, Roberto Lucignani wrote:

> Hi Bala,
> thank you very much for your reply. Yes I tried both methods, one building a
> vol file and one retrieving the configuration from the server and both work
> fine
>
> However my problem do not regards the mount process but it regards the spof
> represented by node01. If it is unavailable I can't access my volume.
>
> Why this ? and why it happens only with the first node ?

There is no such asymmetry in the design of GlusterFS. Can you clarify what you mean by unavailable? Does the mount itself (using a local volume file, not fetching from the server, obviously) not work? Or does the mount work and you can't see your files?

Also, do not change the order of "mirror-0" and "mirror-1" on a production setup :-) Using a changed order on files created using the older volume file will confuse GlusterFS.

Vikas Gorur
Engineer - Gluster, Inc.