[Gluster-users] Replication between two separate clusters

Jeffrey Negro jnegro at billtrust.com
Mon May 24 15:39:08 UTC 2010

Hello -

My company is in need of a clustered NAS solution, mostly for CIFS
fileshares.  We have been considering commercial solutions from Isilon and
NetApp, but I have a feeling I'm not going to get the budget approval for
those products.  I also tend to stay away from closed hardware solutions...
but I digress.  We want to have a production and a DR cluster that replicate
across a WAN.  Is it possible with Gluster to have two separate clusters
replicating volumes that are already mirrored in their independent cluster?
So far it looks like that's what AFR is supposed to do.

Any information or assistance that anyone can provide in clarifying my
understanding of this scenario would be very helpful and much appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeffrey