[Gluster-users] Bizarre GlusterFS "coherency" issue

Vikas Gorur vikas at gluster.com
Tue May 11 23:36:09 UTC 2010

On May 11, 2010, at 1:51 PM, Lei Zhang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been chasing down a GlusterFS issue for a while to no avail. We use
> 2.0.9, restarting client glusterfs does not fix the problem, restarting
> server glusterfs does fix the problem. I wonder if this issue is a bug; if
> it is a bug, is it fixed in 3.0.4; if it is not fixed, is there a
> work-around other than restarting glusterfs server.

This looks like it is related to inode numbers being reused. Inode number handling was vastly improved in the 3.x releases and it fixes many issues like this one. Please try 3.0.4 and let us know how it goes.

--
Vikas Gorur
Engineer - Gluster

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data"
	-- Sherlock Holmes