[Gluster-users] accessing a gluster testbed - newbie

Robert Petkus rpetkus at bnl.gov
Mon Nov 3 15:29:11 UTC 2008

Folks,
I would like to set-up a gluster test environment with a number of
SunFire x4500 systems.

Is it possible to take a number of existing production NFS servers and
continue to have them function as stand-alone servers while at the
same time install gluster on those systems and have a subset of test
clients access data via glusterfs?

Or put another way, can clients access the same data via both
traditional NFS and Glusterfs or are they mutually exclusive?

I apologize if this question is rather unlearned.  I'd just like to
sort this out before I make a significant time investment on this
project (which includes reading all the docs...)/

Thanks in advance,
Robert