[Gluster-users] some thoughts please on setting up a software archive based on glusterfs

webmaster at securitywonks.org webmaster at securitywonks.org
Mon Jul 28 11:15:00 UTC 2008

Dear Daniel

I had seen the different docs in the wiki, including the one you had
pointed to last night.

Our website is based on PHP/MySQL combination. Initially, I didnot
understand how we can input files to GlusterFS based System and how to
trigger AFR for automatic replication etc.

I read in some document that FTP, SSH can be used for uploading files to
GlusterFS based system.

I am currently trying to find if there is any other documentation that
clarifies this situation. Also, more info on how we will construct a url
to the hosted files using http protocol, also will they be accessible
directly or with a password etc lot of questions.

I am trying to understand working with distributed file systems, thanks
for your reference once again :)

Please tell me, if using two translators inparallel is possible? I mean
using Round Robin and Least Connections (Alu I think) translators both
together?

can we use php file system functions directly to deal with files hosted on
glusterfs based system?

my apologies for too basic system, I am trying to get more facts on how
these co-work, I hope to try this sooner, thank you

With Best Regards
Raghu Veer

P.S. Are there any enthusiasts who have some time and who are interested
to help with this setup and do some experimentation on this, may be, I can
try to help work with them some other way possible. Asking because, I am
new to this, by reading the docs and by reading about it's existing
implementations and future scope, I am confident, it can be useful to our
project. Personally, I am concentrating on getting all coding aspects,
server based replication with automation etc concepts in sync with
clarity, so, if there are someone who can try implement some setup and
give some clarity, I can plan to finalise a working method for our project
requirements and get the implementation finalised and proceed accordingly,
thank you once again

thanks to gluster.com team for the nice work :)