[Gluster-users] some thoughts please on setting up a software archive based on glusterfs

Daniel Maher dma+gluster at witbe.net
Mon Jul 28 09:33:25 UTC 2008

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 01:41:08 -0400 (EDT)
webmaster at securitywonks.org wrote:

> I wish to use glusterfs to do file hosting as redundant and scalable
> implementation.
>
> which method among the following is recommmended?
>
> I am planning to start with 2 servers for glusterfs based file
> hosting and add more servers as my site grows.

Hello,

I would highly recommend taking a look at the documentation available
on the Wiki, especially the user-contributed tutorials, as this will
give you an excellent overall picture of the various choices and
configurations available.

I wrote a tutorial on how to set up a 2-server AFR HA setup which you
might find particularly interesting :
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/High-availability_storage_using_server-side_AFR

Good luck !

--