[Gluster-users] Strange behaviour in AFR - directory read only from first brick?

baggio liu baggioss at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 05:40:32 UTC 2008

Hi,
   I have make some tests.

1. AFR is up (*namespace and data brick between Server1 and Server2 have AFR
*)
2. touch file f1
3. Server1 crashes* (remove data and namespace in Server1 )*

4. ls on mount point, f1 exists and everything is normal (ls read from
Server2)
5. gclusterfsd start on Server1
6. ls on mount point does not show f1 anymore (ls read only from brick1?)
7. cat f1 on client, and content of it can be seen, but ls can not work
well.

GlusterFS version 1.3.9 release

*Server1 spec vol:*

volume brick
  type storage/posix
  option directory /mnt/glusterfs/brick00
end-volume

volume ns
  type storage/posix
  option directory /mnt/glusterfs/ns
end-volume

volume server
  type protocol/server
  option transport-type tcp/server
  option ib-verbs-work-request-send-size  131072
  option ib-verbs-work-request-send-count 64
  option ib-verbs-work-request-recv-size  131072
  option ib-verbs-work-request-recv-count 64
  option auth.ip.brick.allow *
  option auth.ip.ns.allow *
  subvolumes brick ns
end-volume

*Server2 spec vol:*

volume remote-ns
        type protocol/client
        option transport-type tcp/client
        option remote-host *[server1 ip]*
        option remote-subvolume ns
end-volume

volume local-ns
  type storage/posix
  option directory /mnt/glusterfs/ns
end-volume

volume ns
 type cluster/afr
 subvolumes remote-ns local-ns
end-volume

volume remote-brick00
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client
  option remote-host 172.16.208.20
  option remote-port 6996
  option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume local-brick00
  type storage/posix
  option directory /mnt/glusterfs/brick00
end-volume

volume brick00
 type cluster/afr
 subvolumes remote-brick00 local-brick00
end-volume

volume unify
  type cluster/unify
  option namespace ns
  option scheduler rr
  subvolumes brick00
end-volume

BTW, I'm not very clear about what arnulf said, but in my may, this problem
can be seen.

Baggio