[Gluster-devel] Identifying tests to automate with Glusto

Atin Mukherjee atin.mukherjee83 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 14:07:50 UTC 2017

On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 at 19:32, Nigel Babu <nigelb at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> One of the action items of the Testing BoF around Glusto is to start a
> discussion on the mailing list about specific scenarios that aren't covered
> in our existing .t tests that need a proper cluster to test. I know Nithya
> had one about rebalance where we don't have enough coverage with the .t
> framework. If anyone else has similar scenarios or just tests they want
> written in Glusto, please speak up.

One of the missing part with existing .t tests in glusterd is the client
and server compatibility with different op-versions. Off late we have seen
most of the bugs. I think we’d need to write tests with clients running
with different versions, heterogeneous servers ( in n to n-2 range for both
client and server) and ofcourse the upgrade tests.

> Kartik (CC'd) is interested in helping us write new tests.
>
> --
> nigelb

--Atin