[gluster-packaging] glusterfs-8.0 released

Kaleb Keithley kkeithle at redhat.com
Fri Jul 24 11:41:42 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 7:07 AM Patrick Matthäi <patrick at linux-dev.org>
wrote:

> Am 06.07.2020 um 03:23 schrieb jenkins at build.gluster.org:
> > SRC:
> https://build.gluster.org/job/release-new/121/artifact/glusterfs-8.0.tar.gz
> > HASH:
> https://build.gluster.org/job/release-new/121/artifact/glusterfs-8.0.sha512sum
> >
> > This release is made off jenkins-release-121
> >

> Hi,
> I have got a problem with the new libglusterd library:
>
> W: libglusterd0: shared-library-lacks-prerequisites
> usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglusterd.so.0.0.1
> N:
> N:    The listed shared library doesn't include information about the other
> N:    libraries against which it was linked.
> N:
> N:    More specifically, "ldd foo.so" should report such other libraries.
> In
> N:    your case, it reports "statically linked".
> N:
> N:    The fix is to specify the libraries. One way to do so is to add
> N:    something like "-lc" to the command-line options for "ld".
> N:

Is this a packaging problem or a build problem? Seems like a build problem.

None of the other gluster shlibs on debian have this problem, and they
aren't linked with -lc, so that seems like a red herring.

And it doesn't occur on the Fedora libglusterd.so.0.0.1.

Please open an issue at https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/

--

Kaleb