[gluster-packaging] Fwd: [CentOS-devel] https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Dec 9 08:34:48 UTC 2020

On Tue, Dec 08, 2020 at 09:00:35PM +0530, sankarshan wrote:
> FYI. Would likely be important in context of packaging, testing and
> release content

Indeed, we currently build packages in the CentOS Storage SIG against
CentOS Linux, and not against CentOS Stream. But other than that, I do
not expect major visible changes for our users.

The main advantage is that we can more directly contribute to the
distribution. CentOS Stream allows us to send PRs that get reviewed by
Red Hat Enterprise Linux developers and potentially get included.  That
means, enhancements to FUSE or other components do not need to rely on
the work Red Hat is planning, but could be worked on by our community
and get included earlier.

If there are any concerns, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks,
Niels