[Gluster-Maintainers] [Gluster-users] Proposal to mark few features as Deprecated / SunSet from Version 5.0

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 19:52:39 UTC 2019

This python will fail when writing to a file in a glusterfs fuse
mounted directory.
import mmap  # write a simple example filewith open("hello.txt", "wb")
as f:    f.write("Hello Python!\n")
with open("hello.txt", "r+b") as f:    # memory-map the file, size 0
means whole file    mm = mmap.mmap(f.fileno(), 0)    # read content via
standard file methods    print mm.readline()  # prints "Hello
Python!"    # read content via slice notation    print mm[:5]  # prints
"Hello"    # update content using slice notation;    # note that new
content must have same size    mm[6:] = " world!\n"    # ... and read
again using standard file methods    mm.seek(0)    print
mm.readline()  # prints "Hello  world!"    # close the
map    mm.close()

--
James P. Kinney III