[Gluster-Maintainers] [gluster-packaging] glusterfs-5.4 released

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Wed Mar 13 11:09:59 UTC 2019

Niels, Kaleb,

We need to respin 5.4 with the 2 additional commits as follows,

commit a00953ed212a7071b152c4afccd35b92fa5a682a (HEAD -> release-5,
    core: make compute_cksum function op_version compatible

commit 8fb4631c65f28dd0a5e0304386efff3c807e64a4
    dict: handle STR_OLD data type in xdr conversions

As the current build breaks rolling upgrades, we had held back on
announcing 5.4 and are now ready with the fixes that can be used to
respin 5.4.

Let me know if I need to do anything more from my end for help with the
packaging.

Once the build is ready, we would be testing it out as usual.

NOTE: As some users have picked up 5.4 the announce would also carry a
notice, that they need to do a downserver upgrade to the latest bits
owing to the patches that have landed in addition to the existing content.

Thanks,
Shyam