[Gluster-Maintainers] [Gluster-devel] Master branch lock down status

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Wed Aug 8 22:39:56 UTC 2018

On 08/08/2018 04:56 AM, Nigel Babu wrote:
>     Also, Shyam was saying that in case of retries, the old (failure) logs
>     get overwritten by the retries which are successful. Can we disable
>     re-trying the .ts when they fail just for this lock down period
>     alone so
>     that we do have the logs?
>

> Please don't apply a band-aid. Please fix run-test.sh so that the second
> run has a -retry attached to the file name or some such, please.

Posted patch https://review.gluster.org/c/glusterfs/+/20682 that
achieves this.

I do not like the fact that I use the gluster CLI in run-scripts.sh,
alternatives welcome.

If it looks functionally fine, then I will merge it into the big patch
[1] that we are using to run multiple tests (so that at least we start
getting retry logs from there).

Prior to this I had done this within include.rc and in cleanup, but that
gets invoked twice (at least) per test, and so generated far too many
empty tarballs for no reason.

Also, the change above does not prevent half complete logs if any test
calls cleanup in between (as that would create a tarball in between that
would be overwritten by the last invocation of cleanup).

Shyam

[1] big patch: https://review.gluster.org/c/glusterfs/+/20637