[Gluster-Maintainers] Meeting minutes : April 18th Maintainers meeting.
atumball at redhat.com
Thu Apr 19 04:46:40 UTC 2018
Meeting date: 04/18/2018 (April 18th, 2018), 19:30 IST, 14:00 UTC, 10:00 EDT
- Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/205933580
- Download: https://bluejeans.com/s/qjebZ
- Raghavendra M
- Sorry Note: ndevos (travelling), kkeithle, amarts
Format change proposal:
- Check the bug <https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1564149>
- Provide feedbacks
- We want to do a big bang format change with clang-format.
- Which format should we start with as base?
- Samples present in repo
Samples generated with indent as 4 spaces.
- Google Style Guide
- LLVM Style Guide <http://llvm.org/docs/CodingStandards.html>
- Mozilla Style Guide
- WebKit style guide <https://webkit.org/code-style-guidelines/>
- Chromium style guide
- When do we want to make this change? Before the 4.1 branching
seems like a good time to make vast changes.
- AGREED to do this prior to 4.1
Gluster’s Adoption of *GPL cure period enforcement*
- What is it?
- How to go about implementing it?
- Intended patch here
- The Commitment looks like this
- Next steps are to announce this to the lists and implement the same
into the repository (possibly this week or early next week)[AI: Amar]
- Run regressions with brick multiplex directly from Gerrit now with a
keyword rather than hacky temporary review requests. Keyword is ‘run
brick-mux regression’. Example: https://review.gluster.org/#/c/19734/
- More automation moving to Python so we have the ability to write
unit tests. If you are going to write a complicated shell script
as a test
runner, please get approval from CI component maintainers.
- We’ve been testing Facebook’s distributed test runner and have
managed to get it working. Time for regression drops with every
added to the pool. Targetting a few weeks to bring it to production.
- Test infrastructure has some minor fixes from FB, so need a sync
up meeting on the same [AI: Nigel]
- We can factor in test run times to achieve better overall
results, and keep workers equally busy
- Github Label check is now enforced:
- Need help from others to identify the needs for going to give
- As ‘ndevos’ asked, we need to highlight this in Developer Guide
and other places in documentation.
- Can we fix the ‘gluter spec’ format and ask people to fill the
github issues in that format? So that it becomes easier to
give the flags.
[Handled Already]Regression failures
- trash.t and nfs-mount-auth.t are failing frequently
- git bisect shows https://review.gluster.org/19837 as possible
- Need to resolve soon as some critical patches are failing regression
- Can we extend branching out by a week or two? to compansate for github
- Target GA date should remain same.
- Things we want for 4.1
- clang formatting
- Github flag enforcment for all features
- We branch out later, but still release at the same time.
- No concerns during meeting. Shyam to announce.
- kkeithle - comment-on-issue test is (still) broken. E.g. see
https://review.gluster.org/#/c/19871 Can we please get this fixed?
- This is working as intended. Please see automation updates
- kkeithle - For the record, I’m opposed to any kind of bulk reformat
of the source. In my experience this just complicates porting changes
between branches. And isn’t it also going to break git blame history?
- Nithya - Can we split experimental xlators into it’s own package
- AI: Get experimental xlators in a separate package. Shyam will
work with Kaleb, et al
Amar Tumballi (amarts)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the maintainers