[Gluster-Maintainers] Separate RPM for unsupported xlators

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Apr 18 14:59:52 UTC 2018

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 07:57:35PM +0530, Nithya Balachandran wrote:
> Hi Kaleb,
>
> Apologies for leaving this so long - yes, we will want a separate rpm.Shyam
> will coordinate and follow up on this.

We already provide a glusterfs-extra-xlators package. It should be easy
to move xlators from one place to there. One thing to take care of, is
to test setting options or trying to load a volfile in case the xlator
.so files are not available. It should be simple for users to find out
that the package is missing, why the xlator is 'unsupported' and how
they can enable/install the package.

Thanks,
Niels