[Gluster-users] upgrading OS on gluster servers

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 11:46:14 UTC 2021

Hi Stefan,

I would backup Gluster's dir in /etc .You don't need to restore any configuration files after the update, but it's good to have them backed up.
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 10:11, Stefan Solbrig<stefan.solbrig at ur.de> wrote:   Dear all,

I was wondering what is the prefered way to upgrade the server OS (not glusterd) for a GlusterFS.
I'm running a distributed-only system (no replication) on centos 7, planning an upgrade to centos 8 stream.

I suppose a possible way is like this:

* unmount file system on all clients
* stop cluster
* copy data in /var/lib/glusterd
* upgrade all servers
* restore data in /var/lib/glusterd

Could you please advise me if:
- the files in /var/lib/glusterd  are all that is needed?
- or can I regenerate these from other data?

best wishes,
Stefan

________

Community Meeting Calendar: